Thursday, May 19, 2011

mother-daughter bracelet :)

Hmmm... It's been a while since I found the time to update my blog. And honestly I haven't had much to write about since my last entry. I've had a pain in my left foot for way too long and took some time off running since my next big race isn't until November. I had initially thought that I would just run whenever/however far I wished for a few months. Hoping my foot would heal in the interim. Then I realized that I hadn't run much at all over the past 6 weeks and my foot pain was about the same. So I buckled down Sunday morning, picked an 18-week marathon training plan and worked it backwards (reducing miles) to extend it to a 25-week plan since that's how many weeks until my big race. I'm so glad that I did. I've been so much happier this week running (and resting) with a purpose!

As I was typing this, my daughter came in and put a "silly band" on my wrist. She said it was a mother-daughter bracelet. I accepted it lovingly without thought. Later, I was curious which silly-band she had given me. Was it a cowboy hat? or a horse? (horse riding is her passion). I took it off to see what shape it would create. I laughed... her favorite treat is an ice cream cone. Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment