Sunday, February 8, 2009

Week 2 of 9-week training plan (B-)

I fell short of an A this week. Primarily due to not feeling well on multiple occassions. I was scheduled to run 4 miles on Tuesday, but I felt bad in the morning and I chopped the tip of my left thumb off in the afternoon. The pain was so intense that I wasn't up to running that evening. I thought I would make it up with doubles, but that didn't happen. On Wednesday, I ran the 4 miles that was scheduled for the day before. On Thursday, I ran the speedwork (7x400 at 5K pace) that was scheduled for Wednesday. (I actually ran the 400s at faster than my 5K pace, so I consider that an A+). On Friday, I ran the 3 miles that was scheduled for Thursday. My shins were sore and I was low on fuel, but I pushed through. I took a much needed rest day on Saturday. Sunday I was scheduled for 8 miles. I got off to a later start than hoped due to Kyra's end-of-the-season basketball party lasting longer than I anticipated. I still intended to do the 8 miles, but at 4.5 miles I began feeling ill. I stopped at 5 miles because I thought I was going to vomit. Was it because of the Clif Shot that I consumed at mile 3?

I ended up 6 miles and 1 workout shy of my goal for the week. I think I'll give myself a B- for this week. I'm tempted to rate it a C, but since the missed workout and decreased mileage were because I felt ill, I'll give myself a little credit and rank it as a B. Besides, if 5 runs a week equals an A, 4 should probably be a B, and since one of the four was less than scheduled, I'll drop it to a B-. How's that for rationale?

Days run this week: 4
Miles run this week: 15.75
Goal for next week: Run 4-5 days in accordance with Week of Half-marathon training plan

No comments:

Post a Comment