Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mother-daughter clumsiness


Monday: felt awful today, but managed 3 slow, painful miles on the treadmill. The large abrasion on my left shin, small one on my right hand, and both knees HURT from my fall on Sunday morning!

Tuesday: Plan was for 4 miles and rest tomorrow, but I'm going to make a swap. I'm still in PAIN. Didn't sleep much at all last night because I couldn't get comfortable. The sheet against the abrasions HURT! And bruises are starting to appear on my palms from the fall on Sunday. Will try to run tomorrow morning for National Running Day, June 3rd.

Wednesday: National Running Day. Did 4 miles on the treadmill since I wasn't sure how scraped leg and knees would feel. It hurt a little, but not nearly as bad as it did on Sunday and Monday. My daughter has spent the weekend and last few days with her dad. When I picked her up from Day Care this afternoon, the first thing she did was said, "Look at my leg!". I had a surprised look on my face and then said, "Look at mine". We have matching scrapes! She said she twisted her ankle and fell while running at Day Care on Monday and scraped her leg. I was amazed and told her my story. I'm just in awe about the coincidence and appologized profusely for passing on to her my "clumsy genes".

Thursday: 3 miles on the treadmill; mostly at 5.5 mph after warm-up. Increased speed by 0.1 mph every 0.1 mile during last mile.

Friday: 2.3 miles on the treadmill. Goal was 3 miles but just couldn't get into it. Boo-boos HURT, felt yucky. My cousin is hilarious! He started text-messaging me tonight and asked if I was going to run to Fitzgerald tomorrow. HA HA HA!!! I'm not a 200-miler yet...

Saturday: Nothin... Goal was 6 miles but felt even yuckier this morning. Took K to horse riding lessons, then to a birthday party and then we headed south for the weekend to visit my brother and his family. Packed my running clothes/shoes thinking I would run there Sunday morning, but dirt/clay roads are way too muddy. We almost got stuck in the mud trying to drive to my brother's house. Scary!

Sunday: Nothin... Like I said, roads were too muddy and I just wasn't up to driving somewhere to go run when I should be visiting with relatives. Enjoyed the day hanging out with relatives, relaxing on the deck and in the pool.

Days run this week: 4
Miles run this week: 12.3
Highlight of the week: mother-daughter clumsiness
Goal for next week: run 20 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment