Monday, October 11, 2010

Mr. Grinch and the monsters

After my daughter's horse riding lesson this evening, I left her with her step-mom and I headed to the nearby Harbins Park for a trail run. Mr. Grinch* and the monsters started following me at about half-way into the trail run... I passed a scruffy looking guy wearing a backpack and with a dog off-leash and this set my imagination rollling... Thankfully, I made it through the 5.13 mile run unscathed. I should probably limit my trail running to weekend days or with a friend or pup to keep from going psycho. I tried out my new Mojo Loco headband today from http://www.goheadband.com/. It worked as advertised... kept the sweat out of my eyes and didn't slip. It even worked double duty to keep my hair out of my face while crusing with the top down in my convertible afterwards.

*When my daughter was 2 years old, I made the mistake of taking her to see the movie How the Grinch stole Christmas.  I didn't bother to check the movie rating beforehand, but regretted taking her to a PG movie mid-way through it and even more so afterwards. Mr. Grinch scared her. Beginning that night, and continuing now, ten years later, every night at bedtime, after prayers, she asks me "Is Mr. Grinch or the monsters coming?" To which I always say, "No".  I think now it is more out of habit, but funny how things affect your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment