Saturday, November 13, 2010

Stone Mountain Cherokee Trail

Well, once again I find myself a month or so behind on blogging. I need to mow the grass and clean out the garage, but think I'll catch up on the blog instead ;-).  I had a great trail run/hike at Stone Mountain along the Cherokee Trail this afternoon. The temperature was a perfect 66 degrees with the sun shining brightly. The trail was shady with lots of people out walking.  I was surprised to pass my neighbor and his daughter about a mile into my run. The best part, however, was getting a cool-off shower from two golden retrievers that came out of the lake as I approached. They showered me with water as they shook beside me wanting to be pet. The owner said, "Thanks for being tolerant!" after he reprimanded the dogs. I laughed and said it felt good and that I have a golden retriever at home.


At about 3.5 miles I passed a woman and dog that I had seen earlier. She said, "Don't tell me you've gone the whole way around." I said yes and she responded, "Wow, I'm in awe." I said thanks and kept going but was thinking to myself... it's only been 3.5 miles, what's so impressive about that? Then I came back to reality and remembered that most people don't run at all, so I guess it would be impressive to a non-runner or a beginning runner. Glad even my slow pace inspired someone today.

Hmmm... Guess it's time to retire these compression shorts, huh? They've served me well over the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment