Sunday, July 3, 2011

on a streak

Just like this feisty little pony, that I adored at a horse show last weekend, I'm feeling high strung and am on a streak. It's funny how meeting a guy can transform my attitude about life. Who knows if I'll ever see him again, but he's stirred up an overwhelming desire for me to finally whip this body back into shape. I've wanted to lose weight for years. After seeing photos of myself from the Mojo Loco in December, I quickly made the firm decision to lose it rather than just half-heartedly try. I started off the year at 158 pounds. (I can't believe I'm actually publishing the number.) Up until recently, I was slowly losing about a half pound a week, with a few weeks of gaining when I had business trips. I had dropped down to 152 on the day that I met him two weeks ago, and now the weightloss has skyrocketed. I've been running more and eating less. I used to find that the more miles I ran, the hungrier I would be the next day and couldn't seem to lose weight. But now the opposite is happening. Maybe I'm just not giving my body the down time to be hungry. I've run every day this week, as well as all but Monday of last week, resulting in a 13 day running streak. This is my highest mileage week of the year (36.14) and my lowest weight in years (146). I still have a long ways to go towards my goal, but am thrilled with the progress. At this rate, I should be able to achieve my goals of running the Savannah marathon in November, lighter and faster. Progress is sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment