Sunday, October 26, 2008

The day after the Spinx Run Fest marathon

My legs and joints are sore, but not nearly as much as I thought they would be. I can walk, but I laughed when I couldn't lift my left leg into the car, after I was seated. I had to pick it up with my hand and help it into the floor well. I was too euphoric to sleep much last night. I am surprised. I thought I would sleep for days... I woke early, without an alarm, and went ahead and showered and packed and left the hotel to drive home. Later, I picked up three friends of Kyra's and took them to her birthday party which her dad and step-mom were hosting at the horse ranch where she takes riding lessons. It was a very small party of just a few of her closest friends. I was happy beyond words when my friend Ty gave me a card at the party, congratulating me on the accomplishment. I spent most of the time at the party talking to her about the race. And when my orthopaedic surgeon/friend and his wife dropped their daughter off at the party, he was very happy for me too. I'm still in a state of euphoria and tears came to my eyes at random times throughout the day due to my amazement of my accomplishment of this long-term dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment