Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week 6 of 9-week half-marathon training plan (B)

Monday: Snow day! Was supposed to run 10 miles yesterday, but we had a "blizzard" and played in the snow all day instead. We had a great time sledding down a steep hill at Stone Mountain! School closed today so thought I'd do 10 miles on the basement treadmill today while my daughter played with the neighbors in our snowy yard. I started to feel knee twinge and opted to not overdo it, and stopped at 4 miles.

Thursday: I jogged 2.08 miles on the trail at the aquatic center while my daughter was taking swim lessons. My knee started hurting as I got close to 2 miles, so I cut it short.

Saturday: XTERRA Runnin the Rocks 10K Trail Race. My 1st Trail Race! (see 3/7 blog entry for more details.) It was awesome running through the woods, up and down steep terrain, leaping over fallen trees and splashing through streams! It was the slowest I've ever run a 10K (because of the terrain), but definitely the most enjoyable (because of the terrain). When's the next trail race???

Sunday: Stone Mountain 5-mile loop. The outside of my left knee started hurting at mile 2. At mile 4, the pain was too sharp so walked the rest of the loop to the car (mile 4.95). Tried to jog a few times during that walk, but pain was too sharp. Oh well...

Days run this week: 4
Miles run this week: 16.29
Highlight of the week: Trail Race!!!
Goal for next week: Follow half marathon training program (adjust if knee pain persists.)

No comments:

Post a Comment