Saturday, September 29, 2012

name that shoe?

HELP! I name all of my running shoes.. My orange Newton's are known as Pumpkin; my purple Asics are known as Barney; my trail shoes are known as Tallulah (since my first trail run in them was at Tallulah Falls); my VFFs are known as Beachy since I bought them for runs on the beach. Any suggestions for what to name these new kicks?

I can't remember the last time I bought new running shoes.. I have been virtual shopping for the past few weeks. I decided to celebrate the last day of my work's fiscal year by taking the afternoon off and reward myself for accomplishing work goals by purchasing a new pair of running shoes. Minimalism attracts me, yet I need a little more cushion than the Vibram Five Fingers offer. So off I went to one of my favorite local running shoe stores. The girl that helped me listened to what I wanted and brought out four pairs of shoes for me to try. The Brooks Pure Connect were light-weight, have the perfect arch support for my foot, 4mm heel-to-toe drop, and fit like a glove without squishing my toes. Sold!

At the checkout counter I noticed sunglasses. I lost my favorite pair a few months ago. As I left the store, I smiled as I removed the tags from the sunglasses. Happy memories of my last sunglasses purchase came flooding back!

No comments:

Post a Comment