Saturday, December 20, 2008

Renewal

On Sunday afternoon, a friend brought her daughter over for a girls gift-exchange party that I hosted. Sadly, I didn't get the e-vites out until a few days beforehand, so we only had 4 girls involved. While the girls were playing, my friend and I talked about a variety of topics. I've always admired her commitment to exercising. The conversation roled around from swim lessons for kids, to exercise for adults. She was telling me about her friend's husband who became an avid triathlete and how she is envious of his commitment to exercise. I shifted the topic to her, and she said she gets up early, no matter how bad she feels, and gets on the eliptical while the kids are asleep, unless it's a day that she plans to go to the gym at lunch for a particular class that she enjoys. I really admire that about her. When I don't feel well, or didn't sleep well, I reset the alarm clock rather than get up anyway.

I decided that most days of the week, I'm going to get up when the dogs wake me and jog on the treadmill. That worked Monday and Tuesday... I had limited time, but jogged 2 miles on each of those days. I decided to take a break Wednesday morning. Thursday I had some excuse... Friday I intended to run early afternoon, after the holiday party, but I went shopping instead. And now it's Saturday. I had intended to get up early and join my training team run. I did wake early, but had stayed up late Friday and wanted to go back to sleep. I convinced myself I would save money by saving gas if I just jogged alone from home later. But, I couldn't go back to sleep and eventually got up and went to Fleet Feet for a new pair of shoes. They having a training program for the ING also. I ended up signing up for that, although I'll only be able to attend half the training runs, at most. After shopping for several hours and having lunch out, I came home and took a nap. I woke at 4 p.m. and immediately put on running clothes. I did a slow, easy 3 mile jog. Why are my legs a little sore? I can't believe I let myself get this out of shape after all the hard work I put into the marathon. Oh well, 2009 will be better...

Miles run this week: 7.03
Days run this week: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment