Sunday, May 10, 2009

Beach running; another marathon for '09?

Monday: way too busy to exercise... My sister sent me this framed photo, upside down. Katelyn took it of us in the parking lot at MARTA before we went downtown for the ING Georgia Half-Marathon in March 2009. Kyra and I got a huge laugh out of it being upside down!!!

Tuesday: my business trip start was delayed due to a meeting postponement. My sister sent me an email saying she'd like to run the Kiawah Island marathon with me. Am I up for it? I didn't respond right away. We had talked about it two months ago, but she wasn't ready to commit. When Tonya suggested Chicago, I agreed to that knowing that she would definitely follow through, barring an injury. Will I be able to run two marathons, two months apart? Maybe... Didn't arrive in Wilmington until 9:30 p.m. Didn't want to run that late... Plus, I forgot to pack running socks. Stopped at Target to buy running socks and found cute Carolina-blue running skirt that I just had to buy too...

Wednesday: woke up at 6:30 a.m. Jogged from hotel to beach, stopped timer and enjoyed a few minutes on the beach, then returned to the hotel for a total of 3.80 miles. Enjoyed the huge sun over the pier. Picked up a foot-shaped shell as a keepsake.

Thursday: had to be at work at 7 a.m., an hour drive away, so decided to run later in the evening. I responded to my sister's message and agreed to run the Kiawah Island marathon with her if she really wants to. I'm just hoping I'll be recovered enough after Chicago to do it... Plus, this will give me a back-up option in case Tonya and Lisa can't do Chicago for some reason. I don't want to go there alone. Went to Wrightsville Beach this evening and jogged The Loop for 3.07 miles. It was a tough run; very windy. Afterwards, walked about a half-mile on the beach. Huge waves because of approaching storm. Walking away from the beach, saw big fat orange sun setting through the dark clouds on the west, and full moon risen over the ocean on the east. AWESOME VIEW!!!

Friday: Rest day. Drove home from Wilmington. TIRED!

Saturday: Easy 3 miles on the Treadmill.

Sunday: Mother's Day. Horse trail riding all day with the best daughter in the whole world!

Days run this week: 3
Miles run this week: 9.87
Highlight of the week: amazing views at the beach!
Goal for next week: run 10+ miles

No comments:

Post a Comment