Sunday, May 17, 2009

Princess for a Day

My daughter's 9-month old golden retriever puppy destroyed our air conditioner!!! Actually, he just chewed through the wire that ran from the compressor to the inside unit. They could have replaced the wire for $250 + the service call fee, but it also needed freon and the coils needed to be cleaned, and it is 16 years old, so the recommendation was to simply go with a new, more energy efficient system rather than a $1000 repair to an old system. Since I am an Environmental Scientist, I know they're not just trying to make a sell, so here we go...

This week I only got 3 runs in, but at least met the goal that I had set last week.
Tuesday: 2.7 miles on the treadmill after the air conditioner repair/salesman left. My goal was 3, but had to go pick up my daughter from a friend's house where they were making stuff for 4th grade Science Olympics. And guess what I found when we returned home? The puppy chewed my daughter's expensive horse riding boot as well!!! Why did she leave them on the kitchen floor? I would have really blown my top, but it was already pretty worn out and I have already bought her a replacement set...

Thursday: Pup got me up early so I did 3 miles on the treadmill.
Friday: 0 miles. I worked from home today and went to a parent appreciation luncheon in my daughter's classroom. Her teacher invited the five most helpful moms for lunch today. When we arrived, the lights were off in the classroom, soft music was playing, and candles lit the table set with amazing food and beautiful flowers. We drank from Princess goblets. The kids wrote us letter of thanks as well. Wow, it sure was nice to be Princess for a day! How sweet!

Sunday: Up early so I did 5 miles on the treadmill. About half-way into it, my daughter came down to the basement and said she couldn't sleep anymore with the window open. She said there was a bird outside loudly singing "Ca-caw, Ca-caw, Ca-caw!" I couldn't help but laugh since she was flapping her arms as she imitated the bird sound. Too cute!!! Then off to church, puppy obedience training classes, and lastly a hilarious movie: Paul Blart Mall Cop.

I had really wanted to run 4 times this week, but in hindsight, I guess my week was probably for the best. I increased my mileage by only 10% over last week. It's not where I wanted to be at this point in time, but at least I'm not injured and I finally have cool air flowing through the house!

Days run this week: 3
Miles run this week: 10.9
Highlight of the week: Princess for a Day
Goal for next week: run 12 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment