Saturday, October 31, 2009

October 2009 Summary

October 2009:
7 runs
41.8 miles
(+ 3 walks, 1 swim)

January 1 - October 31, 2009:
137 runs
611.3 miles
12:30 average pace

My goal for the year in January was 200 runs, 800 miles, less than 12 minute/mile average pace. {In 2008 I ran 153 times for 705.4 miles.} I'm behind schedule. I had to take a lot of time off in March and April due to a serious illness, and I sustained an injuring during the Chicago marathon that required no running for a month. It's highly doubtful that I'll meet my goals for this year. I've enjoyed slow runs on trails with the dogs; greatful that I recovered from Lyme disease; had a blast at the Chicago marathon with my friend;, and hope to make a successful running comeback in the near future. I think I had a record high mileage for August 2009 (102 miles). I started tracking my miles in SportTracks and Buckeye Outdoors in 2008. SportTracks shows the most mileage in a month as August 2009 (102 miles), closely followed by September 2008 (99 miles) and August 2008 (98 miles). But why didn't I put in more miles in July and September 2009? I used the "taper" excuse too much in September, and probably used the "it's too hot" excuse in July. No wonder I had an injury in the marathon! {I probably ran more miles in my younger years, but lost the data that I kept in my old computer in a different tracking program. Now I also keep a written log just in case the computer crashes.}
Oh well... just hope for a quick recovery and get back into building miles in November and December...

No comments:

Post a Comment