Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 16 of 17 Chicago Marathon Training

Monday: Ran 3.12 miles in 39:47 = 12:45 avg pace. Ran 1 mile with Tasha and then the rest with Riley on this wonderfully cool (63 degrees) morning.

Tuesday: Ran 3.1 miles in 38:51 = 12:31 avg pace. Love this cooler temperature (55 degrees)! Ran alone, without the pups. They were still cuddled in bed with Kyra when I was ready to leave. Debated about waking them up and taking Riley but decided to be selfish and run alone without the distraction. When I came home from work this evening, Riley greeted me with the note in his mouth that I leave on the nightstand for Kyra in the mornings when I run with him. It says, "Running with a pup around the neighborhood. Have phone. Love, Mommy". Guess this is his way of telling me he wants to go for a run!
Saturday: Ran 4.19 miles in 54:48 = 13:04 avg pace. It was a slow, choppy run with pups. Tasha's mile included lots of potty breaks, Riley's 2 miles included lots of texts from daughter. Then did a mile alone just to get at least one solid mile in. Can't believe I took 3 days off running. Why? No good reason. Time to get into a set routine.

Weekly summary:
Monday: Ran 3.12 miles
Tuesday: Ran 3.1 miles
Saturday: Ran 4.19 miles

Days run this week: 3
Miles run this week: 10.41
Highlight of the week: cooler temperatures + Riley bringing me the note

No comments:

Post a Comment