Sunday, January 31, 2010

heal the heel

My left heel/bottom of foot hurt worse than ever at the beginning of the week. I told Coach Josh I needed a week off of running. Biking/swimming would be okay. So that's what we did.  By the end of the week, my heel still hurts a little, but it is much better than it has been!  Hope I can resume running next week.

Monday:  Rest Day

Tuesday:  10.27 miles/40:50 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym.

Wednesday:  800 meter swim in 32 minutes.

Thursday:  12.52 miles/50 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym.

Friday:  Rest Day

Saturday:  800 meter swim in 31 minutes, 7.83 miles/30 minutes on stationary bike.

Sunday:  2.72 miles in 17:59 on bikes in neighborhood. Coach Josh had prescribed an hour on the stationary bike, but we had a busy day and I couldn't make it to the gym. So decided to ride my tuned up 1990s Trek rode bike instead. FAIL.  I had trouble shifting gears and in some gears it sounded like something was rubbing. At one point, not long into the ride, the shift failed and the chain came off. Walked the bike back home, changed shoes, pumped the tires on the mountain bike and then took it out for a ride. My cheap mountain bike has much better gear shifters! The ride was much better, but I ran out of daylight. Lots of lessons learned today.

Weekly summary:
  • Days/miles run this week:  0
  • Days exercised this week:  5
  • Highlight of the week:  (1) swimming; I love/miss swimming!!!  (2) Lisa and I decided to register for the Chicago marathon again! We had so much fun in 2009; can't wait to do it again on 10/10/2010!
  • Goals for next week:  run 3 days without my heel hurting worse

No comments:

Post a Comment