Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wildwood Trail

So.... many months ago I became "friends" with @dorothybitestoto on Twitter. She seemed like a cool chick. Loves to run, has similar funky hair colors as me, etc. So when I found out that I would be going to Portland, I sent her an advance tweet and we made tentative plans to tweet-up. She had Tuesday and Thursday open, but thought Tuesday would be the best bet based on the weather forecast. So after a few exchanges on Monday evening, we decided to go for a run at the Wildwood Trail. She said she would meet me at the Zoo entrance which was the Zoo/Washington Park train station. She sent me a link for how to plan a trip on the train system.

I was a little confused when I got off the train, but asked for help and was told where to go... Deb was waving at me as I headed in the right direction. We started out and stayed on the Wildwood Trail. She told me that it is about 40 miles long. We ran/walked/talked until about 7 p.m. and then turned back around to ensure we finished before dark since neither of us brought headlamps or flashlights. The trees are SO TALL! It was SO COOL to run with her. We chatted like we were old friends even though this was the first time we'd ever met in person. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to run with her. I never would have found this beautiful trail on my own. Thanks Deb!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment