Saturday, September 25, 2010

XTERRA Harbins Park 10K Trail Race

I arrived home around 9 p.m. last night from a business trip in Portland, OR.  My body and brain were still on Pacific Coast time and I was wide awake until at least 1 a.m.  I forced myself into bed and set the alarm clock. I didn't want to get up. But, the lure of a trail race set me in motion. This is my first trail race of the year. I bought new trail shoes last weekend, since the funk had sunk into my prior pair. My goals for this race were simple:  enjoy 10K of trails.  And it was a success!
  • I didn't finish last, although it wouldn't have bothered me if I had;
  • I learned about a new trail that's only 30-45 minutes from where I live; and
  • I had FUN!!!
They mentioned two more upcoming trail races. One is a 5K next weekend, which I'll probably skip. The other is an 8.5 mile XTERRA Georgia Championship race on October 23. I'll probably register for that one since it will be a guaranteed PR since I've never run a 8.5 mile race. And did I mention... I LOVE trail runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment