Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekly wrap-up: January 19-25, 2009

Yippee! I did it! I ran 5 days this week! I'm so happy that I just did it! Since I ran nothing last week, I did easy runs this week to get back into the swing of things. I jogged an easy 2.2 miles on Tuesday on the treadmill, early in the morning. I got up even earlier on Wednesday, thanks to Riley, and did an easy 3 miles on the treadmill. Riley made sure I got up early on Thursday too, and this time, I pushed a little harder on that 3 mile treadmill run decreasing my pace of 12:09 on Wednesday to 10:58 on Thursday (the average pace includes my warm-up walk to jog to run). Friday is my scheduled rest day, so I easy accomplished that goal! Riley somehow knew it was Saturday and let me sleep a little later. I did an easy 2.46 miles on the treadmill. My goal was 3, but I didn't have enough time because of Kyra's basketball game. On Sunday, we overslept and missed church, so I got on the treadmill at 11:10 a.m. for a long run instead. My goal was 6 miles (and to have started sooner), but once again, I was limited on time and had to call it quits at 5 miles. I would have had enough time if I hadn't spent 30 minutes researching half-marathon training plans before the run... Oh well, I found a plan that looked like a good fit for me and printed it out with the full intention of beginning that program next week. Since I was short on time, but determined to get in a semi-long run, I opted to go 5 miles and not shower before Kyra's basketball game. Yes, I did at least put on deodarant and fresh clothes. Now that's running dedication! (And yes, I did shower when we returned home.)

Days run this week: 5
Miles run this week: 15.66
Goals for next week: Run 5 days and do it in accordance with the training plan

No comments:

Post a Comment