Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekly Wrap-up, January 5-11, 2009

Well I intended to run 5 days this week, but that didn't work out. I got in 2.65 miles on the treadmill Tuesday morning. I overslept on Wednesday, but got in 3 miles of speedwork on the treadmill on Thursday morning. My legs were sore Friday morning from the speed work and I didn't want to mess up my new hairdo on Saturday. I went from long curly, brown with some grey hair to shorter, dark brown with red highlights on Friday. I love what my new hair colorist and cutter did! What a great transformation! I was not in the mood to run when I got up this morning, but after making and eating a great breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast, I felt rejuvinated. Almost two hours later, I ran farther than I originally inteded to but I felt great so kept going. I did a 1.05 mile warm-up jog/walk with the dogs which turned out to be quite challenging. Then I jogged 6 miles alone and walked the last 0.4 miles with a friend/neighbor that was walking her dog when I re-entered the subdivision. It added up to 7.45 miles and I honestly could have gone farther. But my left knee (patellar tendon) was beginning to hurt and I didn't want to risk an injury. I met my mileage goal for the week, but missed my goal for number of days run. Oh well, there's always next week...

Days run this week: 3
Miles run this week: 13.08
Goal for next week: 14 miles, 4-5 days

No comments:

Post a Comment