Sunday, December 12, 2010

the morning after

I woke just before sunrise this morning. I sat on the balcony of our hotel room and watched the sun rise over the ocean while Maddy and Susan still slept. GORGEOUS! What a beautiful way to start off the morning after a most memorable day!

I then hit the beach for an easy 4.27 miles in my VFF's. I only ran 9 miles yesterday, thanks to being in the last leg that was only 1.11 mile. I wanted to get in a total of 13 for the weekend to equal the number of runners that participated in the MOJO LOCO. (Yes, I'm weird like that.)  I love running on the beach and part of me wanted to keep going, but I knew that Maddy and Susan needed to leave mid-morning and joining them for breakfast was more important to me than extending the run.

After breakfast and saying goodbye to Maddy and Susan, I found Elf Edward on the balcony in my souvenier glass, not wanting to leave... neither did I. I wished I could stay longer... but I have to work tomorrow and didn't want to get home too late.

When I left Daytona, the temperature was in the upper 60s. I drove with the top down for about a half hour until the rain clouds started to sputter. As I drove north, the temperature began to plummet. By the time I arrived home, it was 27 degrees and SNOWING! See the white specks on the windshield? What a drastic change!

No comments:

Post a Comment