Monday, August 31, 2009

August Summary

August 2009
20 runs
101.9 miles
January 1 - August 31, 2009
116 runs
493.3 miles
12:22 average pace

My goal for the year (in January) was 200 runs, 800 miles, less than 12 min/mile average pace. I'm behind schedule, but I know that the miles are going to increase drastically during the next few months of marathon training. Just ran the math. To meet the goal, I'll need to average 21 runs and 76.7 miles per month for September - December. I'm pretty sure I'll meet the mileage goal since I'll be running the Chicago marathon in October and have tentative plans for another marathon in December. I will be close to meeting the days run goal, but may be short since I had to take so much time off in March due to illness. But should easily exceed last years number of days run (153). I seriously doubt I'll achieve the average pace goal since I'm doing a lot of long runs at slow pace, easy runs with dogs at slow pace, and trail runs at slow pace. Although I'd like to run faster, I'm enjoying slow runs with pups and on trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment