Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week 11 of 17 Chicago Marathon Training

This was a great week of running! I ran 6 days; amazing! I loved the cooler mornings and even enjoyed running in the misting rain.

Monday: I got up later than planned. So I did 2.7 miles on the treadmill.

Tuesday: Don't understand why, but my Garmin battery was dead this morning. I ran the same route as Sunday so I'm assuming the mileage was 3: 1-ish mile loop with Tasha then 2-ish route with Riley. Used the stopwatch on iPhone.

Wednesday: Loving this cooler weather! 60 degrees Fahrenheit! 3.27 miles

Friday: 3.51 miles total = 1.26 miles with Tasha in 15:15, then remainder with Riley. 70 degrees; very humid.
Saturday: 3.48 miles. Easy jog without the pups in the rain. Kyra had a sleep over (Sophia and Bryn). The three girls plus two pups slept in Kyra's full sized bed last night! Riley normally wakes me up at 5:30-6:00 a.m., but since he was in bed with them, he woke them up instead. Of course, once 3 girls are awake, there is no getting them back to sleep. They played Rock Band on wii while I ran around the neighborhood. Sophia was surprised that I was back so soon. She later told her mom that I ran 3 miles in 10 minutes! Guess at 10 years old, it's hard to keep track of time when you're having fun with friends. I was flattered anyway. The photo was taken a few hours later at 12 Oaks Stable.

Sunday: 13.04 miles. Easy run in the light rain at the park in the afternoon. Enjoyed watching boys baseball as I ran past. Not sure which was more fun, running in the rain or playing baseball in the rain. Running in the rain pros: cooler. Running in the rain con: entire feet (top and bottom) are like raisins.

Monday: 2.7 miles
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 3.27 miles
Friday: 3.51 miles
Saturday: 3.48 miles
Sunday: 13.04 miles
Days run this week: 6
Miles run this week: 29.00
Highlight of the week: Sophia being impressed with my 2nd place plaques and thinking I ran 3 miles in 10 minutes on Saturday morning! I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment