Sunday, May 23, 2010

new kicks

Well, I had hoped to re-invent my blog this week, but guess it will have to wait... I wanted to make it more entertaining rather than a diary. But since I didn't take any photos this week, and don't have any exciting stories to tell, guess this week will be presented as in the past... I did buy a new pair of shoes, but it's too soon to write a review...

I won't bore you with the details, but Monday-Wednesday were just way too insanely busy to get any exercise in.

Thursday: Got up early this morning and ran 3 miles in 32:48 minutes. 10:56 minutes/mile average pace. I was supposed to run 4, but only had time for 3. Will try to make up miles later in the week.

Saturday: Ran 4.03 miles in 48:19 minutes; 11:59 minutes/mile average pace. Was scheduled to run 6 easy today but would rather do my long run on Sunday, so just did 4 easy to make up for some of missed miles earlier this week. My goal was to keep the average pace under 12 minutes but not push too hard; done. Saw Joe A. running towards me on my last mile, so at that point, there was NO WAY I was going to walk up that hill. Glad to see his similing face out on a run!

Later, I went to Fleet Feet to cash in my $15 coupon before it expires. My current running shoes have over 300 miles on them, which is way beyond what I normally allow. I wanted to purchase my faves, Nike Zoom Elite, but they were discontinued... Their replacement is the Lunar Zoom. I tried on and did a test run in the Lunar Zoom and the Lunar Glide. I liked the Glide a little better so I purchased them. And of course, I had to buy a new outfit to match the shoes :-)...

Sunday:  Ran 6 miles in 1:13:58 minutes in my new shoes; 12:20 minutes/mile average pace. 82 degrees, 66% humidity. Should have gotten up earlier when it was cooler... Splits: 11:47, 11:12, 12:00, 12:02. 13:54, 13:02. Like my new shoes :-) My plantar fasciitis is still acting up so I iced it immediately after the run, and a few more times during the day.

Weekly Summary:

  • Days run this week: 3
  • Days run this year: 56 (about 25 runs behind 2010 goal)
  • Miles run this week: 13.03
  • Miles run this year: 354.73 (about 37 miles behind 2010 goal)
  • Highlight of the week: hmmmm..... seeing Joe on my Saturday run? New shoes?
  • Goal for next week: run more, enjoy daughter's graduation-from-elementary-school activities

No comments:

Post a Comment