Wednesday, May 26, 2010

run with Lisa on last day of elementary school

Today was my daughter's last day of 5th grade/elementary school. She goes to an AMAZING school!!! On the last day, they have "survivor day" for 5th graders. This involves organized play outside all day long. I took a vacation day from work and volunteered at the water gun station. I think I had as much fun as the kids did. When they didn't follow the rules (no squirting volunteers/adults), I shot them with the endless supply water gun (hose), which elicited many smiles. At 1 p.m. the kids went to the front of the school for the annual picnic. When the other grades went inside, the fire truck came and doused the 5th graders for about 10 minutes. What an AMAZING and emotional day.
During the picnic, Lisa told me that she needed to go for a run this afternoon. I happily said that I would go with her. Her oldest son is graduating from high school today, and today is the last day of elementary school for her youngest child (as well as my only child). (Our girls are pictured here in orange t-shirts.) She really needed to go for a run for stress release and I needed it too. It's been months since we've run together. I totally enjoyed it! We need to do this more often! She only wanted/had time for 3 miles, so after I left her house I ran 2 more on my own to get in a total of 5.1 miles. What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment