Thursday, August 12, 2010

hide and seek

My plan to go for an easy 3 mile run turned into a game of hide and seek. About a quarter mile from my house, I noticed a beautiful white cat walking across the street and then sat down at the corner. I didn't remember seeing this particular cat before. About a half mile later I saw a hand-written sign on a light post seeking a LOST WHITE CAT. So I stopped and called the phone number; no one answered at 6:30 a.m. I made a mental note of the address listed on the sign and decided to run back around the block and see if the cat was still there. It wasn't. I kept a close eye out for it as I jogged slowly through the neighborhood and decided to do one more loop. As I approached the house of the missing cat I saw a white cat under the van in that driveway. I knocked on the door and told the owner. Unfortunately, that wasn't the particular white cat that they were missing. Oh well... I tried to do a good deed!

No comments:

Post a Comment