Monday, August 16, 2010

Is that a llama? emu? horse?

Is that a llama or an emu or a horse walking down the sidewalk of a busy street in Atlanta? Weird... Read a quote the other day that I needed as I have been contemplating backing out of the Chicago marathon and picking one a little farther into the future so I can be better prepared. I haven't run nearly as much as I should have in training for the marathon. The quote was by Confucius, "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." So, instead of bailing on the Chicago marathon because I haven't been training properly, I laid out a new running plan. Simply increase my long run by 2 miles each week, starting this coming Saturday with 10 miles, and fill in the rest of the days of the week with a few miles most days. This will put my 20 mile run 2 weeks before the race, which is perfect for taper. Doesn't give me any back-down weeks, but honestly, I seriously need to increase my base. This definitely isn't an ideal training plan, but maybe, just maybe, it will get me through Chicago and train properly for the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment