Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

Here we go again...  In December I attempted my first running streak, which lasted 15 days until I was derailed on a particularly busy and stressful day. But I was happy because running daily cured the plantar fasciitis that I had been struggling with for about a year. In January, I ran much less than I intended each week and I've had this nagging ankle pain ever since a trail run that I did on New Years Day. So I decided to start a running streak again. And why not start on Groundhog Day?  Not only is 2/2 my grandmother's birthday, but Groundhog Day was a hilarious movie, so this will be an easy day to remember. This is going to be FUN!

Phil Connors quote from the movie Groundhog Day: It's the same thing your whole life: "Clean up your room. Stand up straight. Pick up your feet. Take it like a man. Be nice to your sister. Don't mix beer and wine, ever." Oh yeah: "Don't drive on the railroad track."

And I'm simply going to add one more thing to the list: run at least one mile.

Groundhog Day #1:  Ran 3.12 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment