Friday, June 11, 2010

early run yields yummy veggie

I overslept; my Garmin 405 battery was dead; I couldn't find my Timex... Totally bummed. I was supposed to run 5 miles today, but I don't have enough time, plus, I can't keep track of time... So I ran two easy miles with the pups. One mile with Tasha (Siberian Husky that stopped to pee/poo a zillion times), then one mile with Riley (golden retriever). On the first mile loop, I noticed fresh vegetables for sale on the honor system from a homeowner's garden in my neighborhood. So when I dropped Tasha off to pick up Riley, I grabbed four quarters and on the second loop I exchanged $ for fresh cucumbers. Made my day happier!

I ate one for lunch and was totally amazed at the flavor! Fresh picked from the garden vegetables are SO MUCH more flavorful than store-bought. WOW!!! I hope he sells more vegies in the future. What a great incentive to get up early for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment