Monday, July 27, 2009

Getting back on track (sort of)

My training plan called for 5 miles today, but I don't want to overdo it since I didn't run much last week. I started about 10 minutes later than I had hoped, so I only did 4 miles on the treadmill. It felt great! While running I was trying to decide if I should take Riley to the vet before or after work. After my shower, I looked at him lying on the couch with a giant glob of thick greenish snot hanging out of his nostril. That was the deciding factor. I took him to the vet right away since he hadn't eaten breakfast, was coughing worse, and now the snot. They x-rayed him to make sure he didn't have anything stuck in his throat and thank goodness the results were clear. They suspect he caught a respiratory infection while he was boarded during our vacation. The cure? Two weeks on antibiotics. Poor puppy! Hope he feels better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment